Recently through my love of reading I have come across some wonderful Humanitarians who support and promote Charity Awareness daily…which I have found very inspiring!
- Author – Sylvain Reynard has written a must read article about “Why Charity?” On his Blog —> http://www.sylvainreynard.com/2013/05/why-charity.html
- Author – Kat Bastion, who donated all monies from the sales of her Book, “Utterly Loved” and has also written a post on her Blog —> http://talktotheshoe.com/charity-support-and-awareness/
- Most Australians support organ and tissue donation…
- This wish to help others becomes a reality if Australians learn about organ and tissue donation and make the decision to become a donor. Families also need to know the wishes of the potential donor. This means discussing, understanding and accepting each family member’s decision. If families are aware of their deceased loved one’s decision about organ and tissue donation, they are more likely to give consent for donation.
- Even if you are registered as an organ donor, your family will still be asked to confirm your wishes and give their consent. It’s important that they know your wishes.
- The Heart Foundation saves lives and improves health through funding world-class cardiovascular research, guidelines for health professionals, informing the public and assisting people with cardiovascular disease.
- While our work over the past five decades has helped reduce the number of deaths, cardiovascular disease (heart, stroke and blood vessel disease) remains one of Australia’s most devastating health problems.
# Make-A-Wish Australia:
- Grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
- Starlight provides programs integral to the total care of seriously ill children – while health professionals focus on treating the illness, Starlight is there to lift the spirits of the child, giving them the opportunity to laugh, play and be a child again
- Two decades of children’s laughter: Since being formed as an Australian children’s charity in 1988, the Starlight Children’s Foundation has brightened the lives of seriously ill and hospitalised children, and their families, throughout Australia.
- About Starlight: Living with illness or injury can cause enormous strain in the lives of children and their families. The pain, loneliness and isolation that sick children feel dominates their lives, and they often miss out on normal experiences that healthy children take for granted.
# Rosie’s Street Van:
- Rosies aims to provide something intangible, we offer a range of services to our patrons, all with the aim of creating a sense of ‘home’ in different places. We aim to be present with people, offering them times of unconditional belonging.
- Rosies’ most visible outreach is our street van. We operate street vans which offer tea, coffee, Milo and a friendly ear in all our locations: Brisbane, the Gold Coast, the Sunshine Coast, Caboolture, Logan/Beenleigh, Cairns, and Warwick. Most of our volunteers work with the street van, spending time with people who are homeless and often also houseless.
- Rosies mission is to offer times of presence with others through street outreach, children’s and drug court support, youth detention visitation, and prison outreach.
I love Animals ….they give unconditional love and I think we Humans have a lot to learn from them!
- The RSPCA is a community based charity that works to prevent cruelty to animals by actively promoting their care and protection.
- RSPCA Australia is a Federation of eight independent State and Territory RSPCA bodies called member Societies. RSPCA member Societies do much of the hands on work traditionally associated with the RSPCA such as the operation of shelters and the Inspectorate plus community education and fundraising.
- RSPCA Australia is home to a strong science and campaigns team, with a particular focus on farm animal issues. RSPCA Australia is responsible for facilitating national campaigns and events and representing the interests of animal welfare with Government and industry across all areas.