Well a lovely friend that I have got to know over this past year, Chris Kuhn, whom wrote her first novel in 2013 “The Muse Unlocked”, has very kindly has asked me to answer these Four Questions below from my perpective as a Poet!
Blog Hop Q & A:
1. If you could achieve anything with your writing in 2014, what would it be?
Hmmm…. This year I hope to develop my knowledge into the different styles of Poetry and gain a better understanding into the processes… therefore I hope to become better writer!
2. What are the top 3 demons you must slay to achieve your goals in 2014?
Geez… Time is the biggest problem for me! Allowing myself to unwind from real life at times, feeling free to explore and unleash the words and creativity, at the moment it happens in sporadic waves.
3. Name three things that inspire you to write.
Life, feelings and experiences!
4. What advice do you have to give a new writer who is considering writing fiction and/ or poetry?
Wow ok…. well I don’t write Fiction at all and I consider myself a complete novice when it comes to writing Poetry as I am only really learning myself… but I suppose what I would say to someone who asked me about writing Poetry would be for them to imagine a feeling or picture… and then for them to close their eyes and let the words flow from their mind on how they want to express it and then as I write, I edit by reading it back to myself out aloud to see if its sounding right and that it has a type of flow to it!
Ok so now I get to tag a few other people to answer these questions too… so… I’d like to give these wonderful writers a chance to share their own perspective on those four questions.
- Benjamin Prewitt – Painter and Poet
- PJ Bayliss – Poet and Fiction Writer
- Darwin Blake – Poet
- Charming Man – Fiction Writer
- Mark Davis – Poet and Fiction Writer
- Beth Ronan – Poet
- Tammy L Wilkins – Poet and Fiction Writer
- AJ Walters – Fiction Writer
- Paige Thomas – Fiction Writer