(Artwork by Tammy L Wilkins)
This battled heart
Is one tough little organ
That still pulses to life
After the injuries & scars
It has received during
The game of love.
As I carefully try to mend it,
Thoughts travel back
To where it was once
So innocent and free…
Before it entered into
This crazy game.
So full of hope and promise
In seeking its soulmate
And living the Happily ever after dream…
I continue to read it, hopeful tales
Of when others have won…
To lift and spur it on!
So maybe one day…
Through lessons learned
In this life or the next
This precious heart
Will finally get to win
And find the love that it seeks!
© debradml (2013)
As I try to picture
Life in all of its form…
I foolishly come to realise
It cannot be contained
Into one dimension
To be viewed
only from afar…
No matter what chains
Your surrounded in
You have to emerge
And become apart of it…
Wherever it may lead
Be it good or bad…
For that seems
To be the journey
Has to take
During their time
Here on Earth…
© debradml (2014)
So a New Year begins… and its going to be a huge one for me personally… I already have a TBR List of 360 Books and counting and have listed some below that I’m really looking forward to reading!
Some of you already know that I am a bit of a Bookworm… I just love how reading a Book can open up your world and/ or lift and spur you on in this crazy thing called life!
Anyways hope I might have shared something to someone and it helps make their year, Cheers 🙂
*My Goodreads 2014 Reading Challenge is to read 104 Books *
You can check me out on Goodreads and/or Pinterest by clicking on the highlight name!
# “Some Books from my TBR list are” &/ or “Are yet be Published in 2014”:
- A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
- Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
- The Rook by Daniel O’Malley
- The TimeKeeper by Mitch Albom
- The End of the Affair by Graham Green
- The Sullivans #12 & #13 by Bella Andre
- The Raven by Sylvain Reynard
- Captivated by you by Sylvia Day
- Show Me Baby & Dark Haven #4 by Cherise Sinclair
- Born of Mist and Legend & Found in Flame and Moonlight by Kat Bastion
- Return to & Saving Poughkeepsie, Bittersweet Seraphim, Shackled by Debra Anastasia
- Awaken by Nina Lane
- A Gentleman’s Affair & Secret by A.J. Linn
- Unmasking Maya by Libby Mercer
- Tangled Series: Books 1.1, 1.5, 2 & 3 by Emma Chase
- Beautiful Bastard Series; Books 2.5, 3, 3.5 by Christina Lauren
- Between the Lines Series: Book 3 & 4 by Tammara Webber
- Conversion Series: Books 1 – 4 by S.C. Stephens
- Avoiding Series: Books 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3 & Record Series by KA Linde
- Chocolate Lovers: Books 2, 3, 3.5 & Playing with Fire Series: Books 3 & 4 by Tara Sivec
- Hopeless Series: Books 1.5, 2.5 by Colleen Hoover
- Cocktail Series: Books 2, 3 & 4 by Alice Clayton
- Forgiving Lies Series: Books 1 & 2 by Molly McAdams
- Some Like It Wild & There’s Wild Then There’s You by M. Leighton
- The Blackstone Affair: Book 4 by Raine Miller
- The Storm Series: Book 3 by Samantha Towle
- Beautiful Series: Books 1.5 & 2.5by Jamie McGuire
- This Man Confessed by Jodi Ellen Malpas
- The Vincent Boys Series: Books 2 & 3 by Abbi Glines
- Thorn (The Willows, #2) by Hope Collier
- Losing It Series by Cora Carmack
- Emancipating Andie by Pricilla Glenn
- The Debutante by Kathleen Tessaro
- Closer To You Series by A.L.Jackson
- The Submissive Trilogy, Book 2 & 3 by Tara Sue Me
- The Angel, The Prince, The Mistress & The Gift by Tiffany Reisz
- Little Red Riding Crop, Submit to Desire & The Mistress Files by Tiffany Reisz
- The Saint, Everything they Wanted & Daniel Pt 2 by Tiffany Reisz
- Burnt, Chemical Romance & Chronicles by PJ Bayliss
- The Mayfly by Cameron Lincoln
- My Intimate Poetry: Beneath the Vin Rouge & Temptation Bites by Tammy L. Wilkins
- Words of a Season by Lisa Fulham
- The Muse Unguarded by Chris Kuhn
- Paying the Rent & In the Kitchen by Dylan Cross
- Erotic Escapades by Chase Boehner
- Masterful Series by Ms. Quote
- All or Nothing Series by C.C. Gibbs
- The Attraction Series, Book 2 by AJ Walters
- A Taste of Erotica by AM Harding
- Resolution by Lesley Jones
- Teaching the Teacher, Stormy Love & Lessons for Steve by Mark Davis
- Give Me Hope, Give Me Desire & Give Me Love by Zoey Derrick
- The Nightlife London by Travis Luedke
# Some great Book Blogs that I follow are:
Go check them out by clicking oh their Website Name – they run great competitions, do Interviews with some wonderful Authors and Review loads of Books!
So with the waves
Of reality reappearing
Drifting my heart
Yet again out of reach…
Why am I overcome
With a feeling of sadness
When deep down I knew
It would never find
What it hopefully seeked…
You pulsed it to life
Through silly feelings
And thoughts imagined
From a few words
That meant nothing at all…
Time to face reality
And just find contentment
In other things
That can bring it joy…
© debradml (2014)
Well a lovely friend that I have got to know over this past year, Chris Kuhn, whom wrote her first novel in 2013 “The Muse Unlocked”, has very kindly has asked me to answer these Four Questions below from my perpective as a Poet!
Blog Hop Q & A:
1. If you could achieve anything with your writing in 2014, what would it be?
Hmmm…. This year I hope to develop my knowledge into the different styles of Poetry and gain a better understanding into the processes… therefore I hope to become better writer!
2. What are the top 3 demons you must slay to achieve your goals in 2014?
Geez… Time is the biggest problem for me! Allowing myself to unwind from real life at times, feeling free to explore and unleash the words and creativity, at the moment it happens in sporadic waves.
3. Name three things that inspire you to write.
Life, feelings and experiences!
4. What advice do you have to give a new writer who is considering writing fiction and/ or poetry?
Wow ok…. well I don’t write Fiction at all and I consider myself a complete novice when it comes to writing Poetry as I am only really learning myself… but I suppose what I would say to someone who asked me about writing Poetry would be for them to imagine a feeling or picture… and then for them to close their eyes and let the words flow from their mind on how they want to express it and then as I write, I edit by reading it back to myself out aloud to see if its sounding right and that it has a type of flow to it!
Ok so now I get to tag a few other people to answer these questions too… so… I’d like to give these wonderful writers a chance to share their own perspective on those four questions.