🎥 Movies….What do they mean to you? How do you define them?
Movies to me is bringing a “Story” to real life from your imagination or interpretation. I love them and find it an escapism into a visual “Story-telling World” that has been created to entertain, make you feel, and understand the story through the interpretation and/or the eye of the beholder so to speak…
In one of my first jobs out of School I was a Hairdresser and one of the important Communication Skills I was taught was when trying to understand what someone wants or is trying to tell you was to refer to visuals such as pictures……and this was so true….as what a person can be describing in your mind it is an Apple but in their mind its an Orange!
Even though I love, love, love reading books sometimes more than when it’s made into a Movie …..it is also wonderful to Escape into that Story-telling world visually!!!
Movies, also known as films, are a type of visual communication which use moving pictures and sound to tell stories or inform (help people to learn about new ideas). People in every part of the world watch movies as a type of entertainment, a way to have fun. Fun for some people can mean laughing, while for others it can mean crying, or feeling afraid. Most movies are made so that they can be shown on big screens at cinemas or movie theatres. After movies are shown on cinema screens for a period of time (ranging from a few weeks to several months), movies are shown on pay television or cable television, and sold or rented on DVD disks or videocassette tapes, so that people can watch the movies at home. Later movies are shown on television stations.
# Some people opinions I found on the net are:
- “Many people often think that anything that appears on a screen is a movie. You’ve probably watched thousands of movies already in your lifetime, but you’d be surprised that finding two people who share the same definition of a “movie” is rare.”
- “A movie is something meant to be enjoyed, without advertisements.”
- “A movie is a continuous video that tells a story.”
- ” A story that is animated or filmed.”
- “Movies to me are visual and audio presentations that tells a story, or an event.”
- “I would define a movie as a motion picture film that has drama or action or romance in it or some sort of theme.”
- “To me a movie has to have something that is moving; when I see pictures it doesn’t seem right. It also has to have some kind of a plot; or a point to it.”
- “I think the definition of a movie is the telling of a story with moving images. If someone was just talking and showing pictures I don’t qualify that as a movie….So for me a movie has to has moving images.”