What are your Sticky Little Leaves in Life…?
- “She is not my equal; she is better. She is my sticky little leaf.”
“You are my sticky little leaf. My beautiful, sad, sticky little leaf, and I want to see you happy and whole.”
- “The sticky little leaves aren’t faith or salvation. They’re the remnant of hope. They stave off his despair, demonstrating that despite the evil he has seen, there is at least one good and beautiful thing left.”
# Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov:
- “Though I may not believe in the order of the universe, yet I love the sticky little leaves as they open in spring. I love the blue sky, I love some people, whom one loves you know sometimes without knowing why. I love some great deeds done by men, though I’ve long ceased perhaps to have faith in them, yet from old habit one’s heart prizes them.”
- “I love the sticky little leaves in spring, the blue sky – That’s all it is. It’s not a matter of intellect or logic; It’s loving with ones inside, with ones stomach.”
# Alexander Pushkin, Chill Winds Still Blow:
- “Will the sticky little leaves; Soon blossom from the fleecy birch?”
For me personally “My Sticky Little Leaves” in life first and foremost would be my son, my mom, family and friends….
I have also related to the words, “I go on living in spite of logic at times“, in my life when darkness appeared and today I am glad to be still here!
Also the words – “Though I may not believe in the order of the universe, yet I do find things that I love” ….well for me it would have to be Books, Poetry, Music, Art, Nature/ Animals and in my job, where I get to Nurse some wonderful people!